The REIA Housing Affordability Report is recognised as the most authoritative indicator of Australian housing affordability currently available.
To ensure an accurate profile of housing affordability nationwide, the REIA Housing Affordability Report incorporates data from all major lending institutions, the Australian Bureau of Statistics and Cannex Ltd.
- Median weekly family income figures are based on ABS Family Income Surveys, and are updated from ABS Average Weekly Earnings data. The REIA Housing Affordability Report contains the following information for Australia and each of the states and territories:
- Proportion of family income devoted to meeting average loan repayments
- Proportion of family income devoted to meet median rent repayments
- Comparison of movements in rents and CPI
- Median weekly family income
- Average monthly loan repayments
- Average loan
- Total number of loans
- Average loan, standard variable interest rate and fixed interest rate figures for banks, building societies and other lenders.
- Home loan affordability indicator
HLAR 1 - Average Home Loans per Quarter by State and Australia from December 1996 HAR1 Average Home Loans per Quarter from December 1996. The spreadsheet contains average values of new housing commitments (excluding refinancing) for each state and territory…
HLAR 2 - Average Monthly Loan Repayments by State and Australia from Dec 1996 HAR2 Average Monthly Loan Repayments from December 1996. The spreadsheet contains quarterly values of average loan repayments per month calculated based on average variable standard interest…
HAR3 Home Loan Affordability Indicators from December 1996. The spreadsheet contains home affordability indicators for Australia as well as for New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, the Northern Territory, Tasmania and Australian Capital Territory from the December quarter 1996.…
HLAR 4 - Median Weekly Family Income by State and Australia from Dec 1996 HAR4 Median Weekly Family Income from March 1994. The spreadsheet contains value of median weekly family income for Australia from the March quarter 1994. Median weekly…
HLAR 5 - Proportion of Family Income to Meet Average Loan Repayts by State and Australia from Mar-94 HAR5 Proportion of Family Income to Meet Average Loan Repayments from December 1996. The spreadsheet contains proportions of median family income required…
HLAR 6 - Total New Housing Dwelling per Quarter by State and Australia, from Sep 2002 HAR6 Total New Housing Commitments excluding Refinancing per Quarter from March. The spreadsheet contains numbers of new housing commitments (excluding refinancing) for each state…
HLAR 7 - Proportion of Median Weekly Family Income spent on Rent for each Capital City, from December 1996 HAR7 Proportion of Median Weekly Family Income spent on Rent from December 1996. The spreadsheet contains proportions of median weekly family…